Friday, July 23, 2010

Snoogle Schmoogle

I had no idea how much displacement a baby-filled uterus could cause. Lately I've been suffering from back pain at night. Not wanting to rely on pain killers, I went in search of alternate relief. Enter The Snoogle!


After a little research, I discovered this seemingly amazing gem, which aligns your neck and knees to reduce pressure on your spine. So the next day, off I went to town to find me a Snoogle! Unfortunately, I did not do quite enough research to discover that an average Snoogle (while fun to say to unsuspecting customer service personel) costs somewhere between $45 and $60. To quote my dear friend, Maddie, "That's too much to pay for some funky pillow."

So for $9.99 I bought myself a body pillow. (It was a cheaper one. I could have gotten a firmer body pillow for $10 more.) While it isn't cool and curvy, it does the trick, and when coupled with a normal pillow for under one's head, it can do anything a Snoogle can.

The moral of the story is this: don't waste your cash on the gimmick of the week. Just because it has a fancy name, doesn't mean it's the only option out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment